baby

Sunday, January 24, 2010

So long for now...

Yesterday we took a trip to CT to say goodbye to a dear friend. Josh's best friend from Childhood, and Evelyn's Godfather Chad is moving to South Carolina this week. It was a semi sweet goodbye. Although we only see Chad a handful of times a year it's still very hard for Josh knowing that he wont be able to just jump in the car and drive an hour to see him.
Thankfully Josh has a week of vacation time he needs to use before June so we decided to take that week and go to South Carolina to see him. I explained that we could make a nice road trip out of it and stop at various locations along the way. It will take about 15 hours to get there but I feel it will be worth it for him, a concrete time frame to look forward to.
We had a wonderful lunch with Chad and his girlfriend Christine at the AMAZING Stafford House of Pizza. oh man, best pizza ever! We spent the afternoon walking around the mall and eating ice cream. It was a wonderful day. We left at around 5 and both Evie and I crashed on the car ride home.
Exhaustion seems to be my only big pregnancy symptom so far. Thankfully Evie has been napping really well so I have been able to get the rest my body craves. We shared with Chad and Christine our new exciting baby news and they were very happy for us. We have been trying to keep the pregnancy a secret for the most part. We are only sharing the news with people we can absolutely trust until the 2nd trimester. I am so excited that the people we have told are genuinely excited and happy for us, a much different experience than my pregnancy with Evie. My mom was the worst and it has been mind blowing what a complete 180 she has taken with this pregnancy. Her immense support and excitement threw me completely off guard and it is such a huge gigantic relief. I really feel like this will be a pregnancy that I can sit back and enjoy! I am truly thankful for the amazing friends I have and my incredibly supportive family.

Now I'm off to get the waking beauty from her nap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment